Jan 17, 2009

Cambodian market’s TONG LEMO at Sg. Buloh

buna buna buna


Last day I went to Pasar Kemboja (cambodian market) with nawai, pn. Dura and her family. I ve heard of Pasar Kemboja before this but never thought that I’ll reach there. It’s quite far from pn dura’s house at Cheras.
Hehe I can see and recognize cambodian face there, also heard they speak in Campa. Some
of them communicate using Khmer language also. There also got Chinese and Malay seller.

I didnt felt this market unique and different until I see TONG LEMO hanging there at some stall. EMM what a suprise! NYUM3 in my mind! Pn dura and others keep asking me about the hanging TONG LEMO. Hahah!
A mak cik (the seller) said to us “Don’t be afraid, it’s beef”. Fuh, speaking english!...hehe no lah! Ya I know it’s beef, not pork..Nawai will go back to MIRI 2 days more, then she bought 15 TONG LEMO, but not at the mak cik’s stall but kakak’s stall beside. I started speaking Campa with the kakak to get the best price, but ting tong ting tong, my head get pusing2 can’t catch up some of her words. Hai...what a shame..
I buy nothing there, pn dura’s mom bought some PAINONG – it’s preety much like lemang,
but got inti inside.

We forgot to take some picture of the market, TONG LEMO and PAINONG, but I got some – my dinner combo! TONG LEMO and Tuq msam kan ta’a (ikan salai masak asam or smoked fish sour soup)! WAH it’s been a while I didn’t cook at KL! And this time, dinner with Campa dishes! DAMN DELICIOUS – the fried TONG LEMO.

But still, missing something – friend and family to share with! Millions thanks to pn Dura, her talkative hubby and family!

7 comments:

wie said...

hehe... i was so sengal with the hope to find the cheap tudung syria but end up with all those strange food that you all bought but i tak makan pun... to add the sengalness, we didnt took any pictures (hp je canggih...) and i never thought to mintak seketul tong lemo for me to try... sengalnyerrrrrrrr

buna BC said...

hehei pn dura,
don want to give it to you, afraid that u'll fell damn sengal..but ekceli u shud try some! heheh

maritha said...

itu baru pasar kemboja kat sg buloh. korang kata nk join aku melancong ke siem reap. cmana ni?

nus said...

dem dem..y em not there dat time arr??tell me tell me..neway, hepy tgk korang njoy..next time..kite set time habes22..sume leh cuti same2 n...GO FOR HOLIDAY!!kumpul duit cik mit yek..hehe

Anonymous said...

blog ni memang suka cite pasal makan n melancong je yek yg bnyk, owner dia pun memang minat makan kot, tapi body maintain je nampak. cite la cket pasal family ke, org champa kat m'sia ke, n org champa ni memang xsuke kawin dgn bangsa lain ke terutama melayu m'sia?

buna BC said...

wie, maritha n nus, siap sedia la nanti time cuti sekolah nanti. KITA ENJOY!!!!!

hehe halo anonimus,
blog ni buna buat asalnya memang nk cerita pasal makan, dan pasal champa kat msia.
Sapa kata Champa xsuka kawen dgn Melayu Msia? Dah banyakla kawen campur skrg..

Anonymous said...

tong lemo sedap.. lapanya...